San Fernando Auto Attorney
I’ve Just Been In A Car Accident In The San Fernando Valley! What Steps Should I Take And When Will I Need An Auto Accident Attorney?
- Get yourself to a safe area. Streets and highways are dangerous to stand on or near, so pull your vehicle off to the road’s shoulder, if you can. If your vehicle cannot operate, turn on your hazard lights and stay inside the car until help arrives.
- Call emergency services. Even in a minor accident, you will need a police officer to investigate the situation to create a police report. This will document your account of what happened at the scene and is very important when pursuing compensation later.
- Get prompt medical treatment. Auto accidents are forceful collisions, even when they seem mild, and can cause a variety of injuries to the human body. Injuries from auto accidents very often show up days after an accident occurs. Always seek medical attention, even if you do not really believe that you have been injured.
- Contact an experienced auto accident attorney in the San Fernando Valley area to advise you on exactly how you should protect your legal rights.
Can I File A Claim If I Was Partially At-Fault For The Accident?
California subscribes to a pure comparative negligence rule when handling personal injury claims, including auto accidents. You could have been 95% at fault for the accident and you would still be entitled to recover for the five percent of damages that were attributed to the negligence of the other driver. Assigning fault will be up to a jury or a judge if your case reaches trial. An experienced San Fernando Valley auto accident attorney can advise you on whether or not your claim will likely succeed.
What If I Was Hit By A Driver Without Insurance?
In California, motorists are not required to carry any amount of uninsured and underinsured motorist insurance coverage. This very important coverage provides you with protection when you are injured by a negligent driver who does not carry enough insurance coverage or has not purchased insurance at all. Uninsured motorist insurance is carried on your own policy if you purchase it. If you are hit by a driver without insurance, your own insurance company will then cover your damages. However, just like any business, your insurance company will primarily be looking to minimize its losses and maximize its profits. Contacting an experienced auto accident attorney in San Fernando Valley is, of course, the best way to make sure that your rights are protected.
Statute Of Limitations In California
California law limits the amount of time an injured person has to file a claim for damages after an accident. Victims who suffer injuries or property damage have two years from the accident date to file a claim in San Fernando Valley. An auto accident attorney is the best source for information to verify the statute of limitations that applies to your specific case. There are incredibly limited circumstances where the statute of limitations might be extended but these are rare.
Auto accident victims have the right to seek out both economic and non-economic damages. A San Fernando Valley auto accident attorney should be skilled at calculating and categorizing all the damages relevant to your case.
Economic Damages: Economic damages refer to your verified monetary losses. Those can include:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages or reduced earning capacity
- Loss of employment
- Loss of use of property
- Repairing or replacing property
- Burial and other end-of-life expenses
Non-Economic Damages: Non-economic damages refer to non-monetary losses, which could include:
- Pain and suffering, either physical or emotional
- Loss of consortium/ loss of companionship
- Inconvenience of a general nature
- Damage of reputation
Experienced Fernando Valley Auto Accident Attorney
Retaining an auto accident attorney to handle your San Fernando Valley area auto accident case is the best way to help you reach the highest potential amount of compensation for your damages. At the Law Offices of John Rosenberg, our attorney understands just how imperative fair and just compensation for your injury can be to your health and wellbeing. Our attorney has decades of experience in handling complicated auto accident cases just like yours and he will never stop fighting for you.
If you have been injured by an auto accident and you feel that the other driver was at fault, do not hesitate to contact the Law Offices of John Rosenberg to set up a personalized consultation today. The time is limited for you to have your case evaluated in time to file a claim. Do not risk exceeding the statute of limitations on your case and losing your chance to be compensated as you deserve for the injuries you have suffered. Contact our office today and place our years of experience safely in your corner.
For more information on Auto Accidents In The State Of California, a personalized consultation is your next best step. Get the information and legal answers you are seeking by calling (818) 530-1770 today.
Call Now For A Personalized Consultation